Lake Dunmore / Fern Lake Association
To Protect and enhance the natural vitality of Lake Dunmore and Fern Lake
while preserving the recreational and lifestyle interests of the lake community.
April 2015 President's Note
The calendar indicates Spring is upon us and that prompts many thoughts and actions by our members and your association trustees. Some images though are contradicting the calendar:
We know that warmer weather approaches and Lord Dunmore is out monitoring the melting ice. Hope everyone got their time sheets submitted!
A few things to acknowledge Trustee actions that have been processed in the last month:
- New harvester is under construction
- New permit request for isolation of areas to prevent fragmentation and more spread of Eurasian Water Milfoil (EWM).
- New Bottom barrier permits have been submitted
- The State Grant was submitted by the Town of Leicester (well back in February).
Things coming in the next month:
- Survey examining the needs and desires of the community
- Spring Newsletter
- Welcome letter to all new property owners
- More Harvester work in preparation for an aggressive season
- Continuing quest for new IT solution.
Now please everyone be thinking hard about Spring time!
Click here for latest events and news from around the lakes.
To receive these notices by email, once you are on the page, scroll down to the bottom, click on the button marked + Follow, enter your email address, then click Sign me up.
$$$ Member Discounts $$$
Fall 2014 Newsletter (Look for the Spring Newsletter in early June!)
- Control of Eurasian Milfoil and other aquatic nuisance species
- Assist in the control and monitoring of mosquitoes
- Promote safe boating and responsible lake recreation
- Monitor water quality and the related watershed influences
- Represent the interests of the lakes and lake community to local, state and federal agencies
- Publish a lake community directory, newsletter, website and map